As bookkeeping goes more into the cloud, we have found that one of the most reliable and popular software is QuickBooks Online (“QBO”) which many of our clients use. Working with the program has highlighted for us a few common issues for which we have noted solutions below.
- The internet browser you use is important; QBO preferred browser is in Chrome even though it is configured and works with all browsers.
- Did you know that you can have more than one screen of QBO open at one time? To do this you can either right click on a menu option and open in a new tab, or you can right click on your browser tab & duplicate the screen. You can now work in both screens (we often have 3 or 4 open at once, so as not to have to reload reports!). You can also easily see both screens by pressing the Windows key and hitting the left or right arrow keys to split the screen into 2.
- There are a multitude of keyboard shortcuts that can help you navigate around QBO much quicker. Simply hold down the “Ctrl-Alt-?” keys, and it will give you a listing of some helpful keyboard shortcuts.
- You can attach documents in QBO. If you are entering a bill, expense or invoice, if you have a copy of it on your computer, simply drag the document to the “Attachments” portion of the screen (area for attachments is in the bottom left portion of the screen). This can really help, if you or your accountant needs to see a bill, they can just look in QBO, you will not have to scramble and find the paper copy!
- If you find QBO is coming up with some odd errors, it may be a simple matter of clearing your cache. If you are in Chrome, press “Ctrl-H”, then select Clear Browsing data and then delete Cached Images & files. We have found that when we have issues with Chrome, this helps resolve them most of the time!
RHN is here to help set you up for success and one way we do that is through our bookkeeping department. Reach out today and to learn what other tricks we have up our sleeves!
This post has been prepared for general information purposes. It is not advice. The information presented may not fit your unique situation, please consult one of our trusted business advisors at RHN CPA for further clarification and interpretation of your circumstances.